You are here
Talent Show Information
Published on May 1, 2019
This year’s show is Wednesday, June 5. Ridgeview holds its talent show twice that day--once during school for students and again in the evening for families and friends. Only acts which can only be performed at both shows will be accepted. Find the link for signing up on the Ridgeview web page. You may also use this web address: https://forms.gle/NfHHJsBkWyauSwyP7
Complete the form by 9:00 a.m., Thursday, May 30. This is a firm deadline. Forms time stamped after this date/time will not be accepted. EVERYONE IN GROUP ACTS MUST FILL OUT THEIR OWN GOOGLE FORM.
If your family decides to participate, check your calendar and schedule time for the ENTIRE evening show. This gives respect to all families and allows for a full audience and fun experience for all performers, from start to finish. The show typically lasts about 2 to 2½ hours.
Tryouts are the dress rehearsal. Students are expected to be ready with costumes, music or whatever they plan to use at the actual show. Whatever the act looks like at the tryout, that's what we'll expect to see at the actual show. If you did not use a device or background music at your tryout, do not expect to use it at the actual show. Only fully prepared acts will be accepted.
Please also note:
- Students are limited to participating in one act. (Exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Example: a second act would already be happening, even without you in it. See Mr. A. or Mrs. Drake with specific questions.)
- No songs are allowed which allude to violence, mention “lover” or include anything which could be considered inappropriate. Please check with Mr. A. or Mrs. Drake regarding questionable lyrics.
- Limit your act to approximately two minutes. If you choose a song that’s longer, select only a portion of it to use. Mrs. Drake will direct you on this if needed.
- No lip-synching or voice-over singing acts will be accepted. Use karaoke or another type of accompaniment.
- All dances or gymnastic routines must have pre-planned choreography with a VARIETY of moves.
- Skits must be pre-planned and all speaking parts must be memorized.
- Ridgeview has two microphones available for use in your act.
Again, complete the Google form by 9:00 a.m., Thursday, May 30. This is a firm deadline. Forms timestamped after this date/time will not be accepted. EVERYONE IN GROUP ACTS MUST FILL OUT THEIR OWN GOOGLE FORM.
Find the link for signing up on the Ridgeview web page. You may also use this web address: https://forms.gle/NfHHJsBkWyauSwyP7
Tryouts will be Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday/May 28-29-30, during music classes.
Pianists will tryout in the music room; all others will audition on stage.
There will be flexibility for group acts with members not in their music class and for students absent those days.
Provided acts are PERFORMANCE READY and meet all above guidelines, everyone who auditions will be part of the show.
The FIRM SIGN-UP DEADLINE is 9:00 a.m., Thursday, May 30.